As part of our COVID Convention Health Initiative Policy,
there will be no ICON sanctioned room parties at ICON 46.
Parties are a traditional part of ICON and open to all registered members of the convention. Just show your convention badge as you cross each threshold into each party and enjoy the hospitality brought to you by the talent and generosity of our amazing party hosts!
Host a Party at ICON
The first step is reviewing our rules and guidelines.
- You may not charge any form of admission for your room party but you may have a tip jar for voluntary donations.
- Your room party must be on the party floor.
- You are encouraged to have music for ambience, but if you are too loud that the room party next to you can’t hear because of your music or people complain, you’ll have to turn it down.
- You must register your room party before the convention begins.
- Be responsible.
Additional Party Room Guidelines
- Only blue painters tape can be used to attach things to doors and walls.
- If you think it might be messy, put down plastic.
- You are responsible for making sure everyone is of age if they are consuming alcohol.
- Promote your party on our Facebook page and at the convention.
Annual Room Party Contest Details
Room parties are an enormous part of the ambiance of the convention during the evenings, and in appreciation of what they provide for our convention we wish to once again give back! Our contest themes this hear will include: Best Snacks, Best Beverage, Best Theme, and Best Room Party. The host of the room party that gets the most votes in each category will win that category, with the room party winner for Best Room Party will receive a free membership for next year’s ICON.
The Room Party Department will handle the ticket collection & counting. We would like to have the ballot boxes reflect your room theme. If you don’t want to supply your own box, please let us know when you submit your Room Party idea via our contact form.
Our staff will be checking with the hotel in early September to confirm that the party rooms are in order & will send more information to all hosts at that time.