ICON43: Eruption - October 5-7, 2018 - Cedar Rapids Marriott
ICON provides complimentary membership for industry professionals, and membership for one accompanying person at a reduced rate ($30 adult, $20 child). We anticipate that any professional who is granted complimentary membership will be willing to participate in programming; the intent of these memberships is to facilitate the interaction of pros and fans, for their mutual benefit.
If you wish to receive a complimentary membership, please fill in the email form below to confirm that you qualify well before the pre-registration deadline of September 15, 2018, so we can include you in our programming and have badge(s) available. No walk-in comps will be provided. (Unless you are Neil Gaiman. Maybe.)
"Industry professionals" are defined as follows:
• Authors/writers should meet the requirements for Active membership in the Science Fiction Writers Association (SFWA). (Current membership is not required.)
• Published authors who do not meet the above qualifications, but who would like to be considered for complimentary membership, may contact the address above with a brief summary of their publications and any professional writers' society memberships.
• Professional artists, editors, gaming pros, comic pros, actors, etc., will be considered on an individual basis and should contact the address above with a brief summary of their qualifications. (Links to your webpage are also helpful.)
The following individuals are also provided with complimentary memberships, in recognition of their previous contributions to ICON:
• Rusty Hevelin (always attending in our hearts).
• Any of the following six founders of ICON: Mark Moore, Gregory Frost, Dennis Lynch, Mike Miller, Joe Haldeman, Gay Haldeman.
• Any Artist or Author Guest of Honor at a previous ICON.
If you want to be Comped please fill in this form:
ICON, the longest running Science Fiction Convention in Iowa
(c)1975-2017 Mindbridge Foundation