Types of Gaming at ICON
- Open gaming
- Scheduled gaming
- Video gaming
- Mature gaming starts at 10 PM and goes until dawn on Friday and Saturday
How to Game at ICON
- Register for ICON.
- Join us in our DEDICATED gaming rooms, the Cedar Rapids and Dogwood Rooms, starting on Friday.
Game Room Hours
- Friday from Noon to Midnight
- Saturday from 9 AM to midnight
- Sunday from 10 AM open to 2 PM
All games must be checked into Mindbridge Game Library by Noon on Sunday.
Scheduled Gaming at ICON 43 (2018)
- Slot 1: Friday Night 5:00pm till 9:00pm.
Event: Pathfinder Scenario 9-18 Scourge of the Farheavens
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.When the Worldwound opened, tearing apart Sarkoris with a flood of demons, thousands of Sarkorian refugees sought shelter in nearby lands. Those who found no solace with their neighbors traveled far to the east, into the wilds of Iobaria. Among these was the Farheaven clan, which settled in the forests and faded into obscurity over the past century. Now that the Mendevian Crusades have fought back the demons and reclaimed a large amount of territory, the Pathfinder Society’s begun the difficult task of studying the Sarkorian ruins to piece back together their shattered traditions and recover lost heirlooms.Unfortunately, the Farheaven clan’s old stronghold holds secret that archaeology struggles to decipher. To understand this culture, the PCs travel to Iobaria in search of the Farheavens and the oral histories they’ve passed down for generations. What they find, though, are a devastated people, an abandoned village, and a murderous god. Can the PCs save this clan and preserve its history? Written by Jason Owen Black.
- Event: Starfinder Quest – Into the Unknown
A series of five Starfinder Quests designed for 1st-level characters.When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.”Into the Unknown” includes five, 1-hour adventures that take the PCs from exploring Absalom Station, to partaking in starship combat, to exploring an alien world. The fifth adventure in the series provides a stunning conclusion that takes the PC’s previous accomplishments into account for a climactic final showdown against an enemy starship. Written by Ron Lundeen.
- Slot 2: Saturday Morning 10:00 am till 2:00 pm
Event: Pathfinder Scenario 10-01 Oathbreakers Die
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-5.The city of Daggermark is best known for its poisoners and assassins, who maintain active guilds that enjoy the full respect of local authorities. Local venture-captain Istivil Bosk prefers to keep his head down and stays out of their affairs, but he has recently learned that a Pathfinder agent has been targeted for assassination. Can the PCs enact the venture-captain’s daring plot to save this agent without becoming the assassins’ next victims?Written by Nicholas Wasko.
- Event: TBD
Board Game Demos at ICON 43 (2018)
Open, no sign up needed. Just drop by to check it out during the listed times.
- Saturday 9am-noon: Flamme Rouge – Flamme Rouge is a fast-paced, tactical bicycle racing game where each player controls a team of two riders: a Rouleur and a Sprinteur. The players’ goal is to be the first to cross the finish line with one of their riders.
- Saturday 1pm-4pm: Karuba – This is a tile-laying race game with players starting with boards that are identical, and one player drawing tiles that they all will use. They race to get their explorers to temples first and earn points. Along the way they can collect additional points by collecting items off the paths they create.
- Sunday 10am-1pm: Dimension – The Spherical, Stackable, Fast-Paced Puzzle Game!
Interested in Running a Game at ICON?
If you are interested in running a game or two or maybe three at any point during the weekend, please contact us so we can get your game on the schedule.
A Word About Mature Gaming
Games which may contain themes of intense violence, sexual content and/or strong language that might be offensive to some adults and not appropriate for younger gamers will not be allowed in the gaming room this year. Mature-themed games can be checked out with a legal picture ID from the Mindbridge Game Library in the main gaming room and taken to a specified Mature Gaming Room. On Friday and Saturday if the Gaming Room is closed before players are done, the person who checked out the game is responsible for returning the game the next morning when the gaming room opens.